The New Frontier Playbook attempts to bridge the gap between advocates of a bold future in space who dream of the space frontier and the reality today that public budgets are anemic and stagnant for space exploration. You don’t have to be a billionaire to dream big.
This essay is based on a few simple principles.
- It’s a beta/draft. It is not perfect and you will find mistakes. Feedback is welcome. Send it.
- If it’s possible, then it’s probable. The goal is to move from low probability to high.
- Paradoxically, it may be easier to increase NASA funding by 10x than 2x.
- There is no such thing in politics as a safe seat, just a lack of alternatives.
- The future is a jump ball. It’s up for grabs every day.
- The American Dream is worth fighting for.
- Go big or go home.
In the New Frontier Playbook, I’ve advocated a bold future in space and backed it with a specific roadmap for getting there. I stand by my words. I believe ideas are powerful and this future is possible. If you agree, then our job is simple: To move the possible to probable. Let’s try to make it so.